[neovim/vim] ncm2/ncm2-d autocompletion source for d

viniarck viniarck at gmail.com
Wed Dec 26 00:42:25 UTC 2018

On Saturday, 22 December 2018 at 13:25:14 UTC, Anton Pastukhov
wrote:
> On Tuesday, 18 December 2018 at 22:12:52 UTC, viniarck wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> neovim/vim8 users out there, if you'd like to have an
>> alternative to deoplete, ncm2 is async and really fast, works
>> out of the box, and it has integration with UltiSnippets to
>> further expand all the arguments of the completion in place.
>> So far, I've been quite satisfied with it, been using for 4
>> months+, if you're interested check
>> https://github.com/ncm2/ncm2-d out.
>>
>> Cheers.
>
> Out of curiosity- what are advantages of ncm2 over deoplete?

Hi Anton,

I'd say:

- Completions are populated asynchronously and in parallel, and
based on my experience, using deoplete for several months, I feel
like the feedback of completion you get from ncm2 is more
instantaneous.
- Fully integrates with UltiSnips, so you can have snippets
expansions in the arguments of the completion results, which is
really nice (you can see this in the GIF of the ncm2-d for
example, that my cursor jumps over each argument of the
autocompleted function).
- It just works. You don't even have to tweak the settings or
variable of sources to start seeing good results. On the other
hand, with deoplete you're supposed to tweak a lot of settings,
matchers and ranks before getting solid results.
- Integrates nicely with Language servers that you can get
results from LanguageClient-neovim, for instance.

If you've never tried it out before, it's definitely worth a try.