DConf 2019: Shepherd's Pie Edition

NaN divide at by.zero
Thu Dec 27 18:00:46 UTC 2018

On Thursday, 27 December 2018 at 17:13:19 UTC, Robert M. Münch
wrote:
> On 2018-12-22 21:57:09 +0000, Adam Wilson said:
>
>> Airlines have had years to prepare for Brexit, and humans are
>> generally pretty good at avoiding disasters that they've know
>> about for years.
>
> You assumption is wrong, since no one knows how the Brexit will
> look like. You might know that "the Deal" still needs to be
> accepted, which hasn't been the case yet. So, nothing concrete
> to prepare for.

The "Deal" is hated by all sides which is why Theresa May delayed
the vote by a month because she knew she'd lose. She is clinging
to the idea that she can get improved terms over the next month
but the EU wont budge. Her majority in Parliament is so small
that she has to depend on the DUP in northern Ireland for support
and they vehemently oppose what the deal sets out for the
northern irish border.

Honestly i think most likely is we will crash out with no deal,
or a new vote and stay in. Id say the first much more likely than
the later. But i cant see the current deal getting through
parliament nor can I see the EU changing their position.