DConf 2019: Shepherd's Pie Edition

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 21:23:07 UTC 2018

On 12/28/18 11:31 AM, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:

> But I'm telling you, DConf can learn from this stuff. Joakim is doing
> the community a service by trying to get you all to try some changes.
> Even baby step compromises can yield results at low risk.

Note that the proposals always ask for format (talk, panel, contest,
interpretive dance).

So you can always propose a presentation that takes on a format that you
think will be more useful.

I think the biggest problem with Joakim's post was simply that it was
phrased like `why do you want to have such a stupid ritual, when your
money can be better spent doing something else?` Things went downhill
from there.

-Steve