DLS (D Language Server) v0.20

Laurent Tréguier laurent.treguier.sink at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 22:52:40 UTC 2018

On Friday, 28 December 2018 at 20:44:30 UTC, Per Nordlöw wrote:
> Nice! Great work!

Thanks!

> How does DLS compare to the features of DCD?

DLS actually uses DCD as a library. There is some custom handling
to be able to find multiple declarations for methods with
multiple overloads and such (DCD will only send one), and some
code to try to find all references to a symbol in a project
(which is also used for symbol renaming).

However, it doesn't use the latest DCD 0.10 version yet, so
standalone DCD is probably still the best regarding
autocompletion.

> I'm using DCD through my beloved Emacs. Is there a more
> powerful Emacs+DLS-solution ready for use?

I don't know.
There seems to be 2 language client extensions for Emacs :
lsp-mode [1] and eglot [2]. I'm not sure how Emacs' packages are
configured since I've never used Emacs; but it looks like
lsp-mode would require a small custom package to glue everything
together, while eglot, according to its README, can be configured
to add more servers manually, with a line like:
`(add-to-list 'eglot-server-programs '(foo-mode .
("foo-language-server" "--args")))`
I haven't looked into Emacs yet, maybe I'll do that in the coming
days.

[1] https://github.com/emacs-lsp/lsp-mode
[2] https://github.com/joaotavora/eglot