The #dbugfix Campaign

rjframe dlang at ryanjframe.com
Sat Feb 3 17:30:46 UTC 2018

On Sat, 03 Feb 2018 15:32:41 +0000, Mike Parker wrote:

> We all have (or have had) our "favorite" issues in Bugzilla at one time
> or another. Some that seem to hang around like unwanted guests who never
> leave. The #dbugfix campaign is an opportunity for you to finally kick
> them out.
>
> The blog:
> https://dlang.org/blog/2018/02/03/the-dbugfix-campaign/
>
> Reddit:
> https://www.reddit.com/r/d_language/comments/7uzwms/
the_dbugfix_campaign_get_your_priority_bugs_fixed/

Nice idea.

I wonder if something like this could encourage people that otherwise
wouldn't fix bugs themselves to make an attempt -- maybe a month dedicated
to fixing bootcamp bugs (or documentation bugs, or ...) with some sort of
friendly competition attached.

If people that know the compiler's internals would be "on call" to answer
questions, however basic, (which is pretty normal already, making it an
easy promise) it might encourage people to try it, building a measure of
comfort with the codebase and potentially regular contributions in the
future.