NES emulator written in D

Martin Nowak code at dawg.eu
Wed Feb 7 08:01:11 UTC 2018

On Monday, 5 February 2018 at 04:07:56 UTC, welkam wrote:
>> 2. DMD just doesn't produce fast code compared to other modern
>> compilers. It's a shame LDC or GDC isn't the default D
>> compiler.
>
> For the core team improving DMD codegen is not a priority

Indeed it's not, it's understood that it's too much effort,
though we sometimes pick low-hanging fruits. Mostly dmd's backend
is kept because it's still ~1.5-2x faster to produce debug
binaries.
In case you're not on Windows, the install.sh script is a fairly
easy way to switch compilers.

   curl -fsS https://dlang.org/install.sh | bash -s dmd
   curl -fsS https://dlang.org/install.sh | bash -s ldc
   curl -fsS https://dlang.org/install.sh | bash -s gdc