Vanquish Forever These Bugs That Blasted Your Kingdom

psychoticRabbit meagain at meagain.com
Sun Feb 11 15:11:55 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 7 February 2018 at 20:30:54 UTC, Dmitry Olshansky
wrote:
> Other languages like Rust or C# (or Java) have bounds check.
> Plus we probably lose it in release mode, which is the mode
> where lurking bugs are discovered usually days after
> development ;) Some of these languages would prevent it on the
> VM level/compiler level, leaving no way to shoot yourself in
> the foot.

We all really need to get away from this idea that *we* should
stop *others* from shooting themselves in the foot. People are
free to do it, if they want. Who has the right to take that
choice away from me?

So let's NOT be like those other languages that just want to
control what you do.

-boundscheck=off

D rocks!