dxml 0.2.0 released

Jonathan M Davis newsgroup.d at jmdavisprog.com
Mon Feb 12 05:36:51 UTC 2018

dxml 0.2.0 has now been released.

I really wasn't planning on releasing anything this quickly after announcing
dxml, but when I went to start working on DOM support, it turned out to be
surprisingly quick and easy to implement. So, dxml now has basic DOM
support.

As part of that, it became clear that dxml.parser.stax should be renamed to
dxml.parser, since it's really the only parser (DOM support involves just
providing a way to hold the results of the parser, not any actual parsing,
and that's clear from the API rather than being an implementation detail),
and it makes for a shorter import path. So, I figured that I should do a
release sooner rather than later to reduce how many folks the rename ends up
affecting.

For this release, dxml.parser.stax is now an empty, deprecated, module that
publicly imports dxml.parser, but it will be removed in 0.3.0, whenever that
is released. So, the few folks who grabbed the initial release won't end up
with immediate code breakage if they upgrade.

One nice side effect of how I implemented DOM support is that it's trivial
to get the DOM for a portion of an XML document rather than the entire
thing, since it will produce a DOMEntity from any point in an EntityRange.

Documentation: http://jmdavisprog.com/docs/dxml/0.2.0/
Github: https://github.com/jmdavis/dxml/tree/v0.2.0
Dub: http://code.dlang.org/packages/dxml

- Jonathan M Davis