dxml 0.2.0 released

Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Tue Feb 13 02:47:52 UTC 2018

On 02/12/2018 05:02 PM, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 12, 2018 at 02:54:48PM +0000, rikki cattermole via Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
> [...]
>> Everything you have mentioned is not in Phobos. Just because something
>> is 'good enough' does not make it 'good enough' for Phobos. In the
>> words of Andrei "Good enough is not good enough", we need to aim
>> higher to show what we actually can do.
>
> And thus Phobos continues to let the perfect be the enemy of the good,
> and 10 years later std.xml will still be around, and we will still be
> arguing over how to replace it.

+Several billion.

Like the improved assert messages we would've had since many years ago
and was implemented, done and ready to go, but it was instead thrown
away because...(and here's the real kicker, considering current D
climate)...because it was a fully in-library solution instead of a new
compiler feature. Go figure ::eyeroll::

> Seriously, I would have thought something like this would be obvious to
> programmers of the calibre found on these forums.  I'm a little
> astonished that this would even be such a point of contention in the
> first place, since the solution is so simple.

I would've expected so too, if it weren't that one of the top favorite
activities 'round these parts is nitpicking reasonable ideas to death
for stupid reasons. And, generally letting the perfect be the enemy of
the good.