dxml 0.2.0 released

Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Tue Feb 13 04:46:07 UTC 2018

> Andrei used to complain periodically about how large std.datetime was,
> thinking that it was way too much code, and then someone actually went to
> the effort of stripping out all of the comments and unit tests and whatnot
> to count the actual lines of code in the implementation, and it was a _way_
> smaller number than the lines in the file (IIRC, it might have even been
> something like only 10% of the file, if that). That's what happens when you
> write documentation and unit tests that are thorough.

Yea, totally. Another example: mysql-native used to be one (!!) source
file. It was maybe a bit on the large size for a single module, but it
was still workable. In the last several years, that library has grown
many times its old size. But now, I'd say that easily the majority of
lines are either comments or tests. The *actual* implementation and API
isn't really all that much more LOC than it used to be. The original
one-module version, by contrast, was less documented and had...I don't
think it even had a single test (IIRC, the
now-old-and-probably-bitrotted "app.d" wasn't even there.)