The Expressive C++17 Coding Challenge in D

psychoticRabbit meagain at meagain.com
Wed Feb 14 10:17:21 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 14 February 2018 at 09:50:31 UTC, Ola Fosheim
Grøstad wrote:

> If C++ isn't viewed as a competitor, why bother with repetitive
> complaining about C++?

Because it doesn't get enough criticism ;-)

I believe the programming langauges of the future, and the ones
people should invest their time learning, are those that can be
best understood in the least amount of time.

This is because programs are getting larger and more complex, and
to understand them at all, they have to be simple to understand.

C++ is not simple. It never has been. The so called
'modernisation' of it is not helping me to change my mind about
it ;-)

And chances are, when you go to work in some C++ environment,
you'll have to deal with lots of legacy style code - which you
will be expected to understand as well.

It's time to stop 'improving' C++ and redesign it from scratch -
or move to D.