The Expressive C++17 Coding Challenge in D

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 19:24:48 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 14 February 2018 at 18:33:33 UTC, Jacob Carlborg
wrote:
> On 2018-02-14 19:00, Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:
> For a fair comparison Swift should only use libraries that are
> available both on macOS and Linux.

Are any projects using Swift outside of the Mac eco system?
Would it be more fair if Swift was Mac only? (re Visual Basic)

Would you include React when evaluating Javascript and Angular4
when evaluating TypeScript? Why should a standard library be
evaluated differently from any other library?

That's more the issue.

If the standard library for one language ensure better interop
between third party libraries, then it becomes significant, but
if it is an independent feature then I see no difference between
standard library and third party library.