The Expressive C++17 Coding Challenge in D

Seb seb at wilzba.ch
Thu Feb 15 19:11:09 UTC 2018

On Thursday, 15 February 2018 at 16:22:17 UTC, Steven
Schveighoffer wrote:
> On 2/13/18 6:35 PM, Seb wrote:
>> Someone revived the Expressive C++17 Coding Challenge thread
>> today and I thought this is an excellent opportunity to revive
>> my blog and finally write an article showing why I like D so
>> much:
>>
>> https://seb.wilzba.ch/b/2018/02/the-expressive-c17-coding-challenge-in-d
>>
>> It's mostly targeted at beginners as I explain many basic D
>> features, but maybe it's helpful for beginners looking into D.
>
> Nice article!

Thanks!

> Typos and Grammar:

Thanks a lot!
Yeah I shouldn't have published it directly after writing it...

> This part is slightly incorrect:

Good point! Thanks.
I reworded the entire paragraph and it now shows the AST:

https://seb.wilzba.ch/b/2018/02/the-expressive-c17-coding-challenge-in-d/#4-whats-up-with-this-enforce

My idea was that we have this subtextual message: "look, D isn't
complicated and we can always look behind the scenes".