Release D 2.078.2

Martin Nowak code+news.digitalmars at dawg.eu
Mon Feb 19 10:08:37 UTC 2018

On 02/17/2018 06:52 AM, Eugene Wissner wrote:
> On Friday, 16 February 2018 at 11:25:42 UTC, Martin Nowak wrote:
>> On 02/10/2018 09:17 AM, Thomas Mader wrote:
>>> https://github.com/dlang/dub/releases/latest doesn't point to 1.7.2.
>>
>> Out of curiosity, do you have a strong use-case to install/update dub
>> separately of the compiler?
>
> I'm shipping dub (as a part of d-tools package) separately from the
> compiler for Slackware Linux. This way it can be built with the compiler
> of choice: dmd, gdc or ldc. It doesn't always make sense to ship dub
> with every compiler since you can use --compiler option. And the
> compiler dub is built with, is the default compiler to build dub projects.

You have any idea for a more sensible default compiler? IIRC dub now
supports any compiler out of the box, but indeed the search order
depends on it's host compiler.

The main goal of shipping dub with the compiler was to simplify
distribution and increase it's usage. Would you say this goal is met, or
should we consider to release dub binaries separately but in sync with
dlang releases.