Beta 2.079.0

Jonathan M Davis newsgroup.d at jmdavisprog.com
Wed Feb 21 10:54:11 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, February 21, 2018 10:24:41 Paolo Invernizzi via Digitalmars-d-
announce wrote:
> On Wednesday, 21 February 2018 at 10:15:48 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
>
> wrote:
> > On Wednesday, February 21, 2018 10:04:01 Kagamin via
> >
> > Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
> >>
> >> There's no other way to use this feature though.
> >
> > Some of us think that it's a bad feature and have no intention
> > of ever using it, though once it's in the language, we all have
> > to worry about dealing with code that does use it.
>
> Was there a DIP for that?

No, and I have no idea whether Walter approved of it or knows anything about
it. He may be fine with it, or it may be that another compiler dev merged
it, and he didn't notice. The list of DIPs is here, and this definitely
isn't one of them:

https://github.com/dlang/DIPs/tree/master/DIPs

When suggestions like this have come up in the past, some of us have been
against the idea, and others have loved the idea, but until this beta was
released, I had no idea that anyone had actually gone and implemented it.

- Jonathan M Davis