Beta 2.079.0

rjframe dlang at ryanjframe.com
Wed Feb 21 18:10:51 UTC 2018

On Wed, 21 Feb 2018 14:46:56 +0000, psychoticRabbit wrote:

> how on earth can anyone approve, that syntax like that, can become part
> of the D Programming language?
>
> I'm really bewildered.
>
> Syntax is EVERYTHING. It can make or break a language.

It does make sense in moderation for quick scripts, examples, blog posts,
etc., where you want to showcase your actual code, not draw attention to
the list of imports. Though with the std.scripting (or whatever it was)
now, it's perhaps less useful for some of these.

But it likely shouldn't be used in "real" applications; in particular, I
think it would be nice for the Phobos style guide to restrict/disallow its
use.