Official Dub package for DWT

Jesse Phillips Jesse.K.Phillips+D at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 19:41:06 UTC 2018

On Sunday, 11 February 2018 at 11:04:52 UTC, JN wrote:

>> [1]
>> https://tldrlegal.com/license/eclipse-public-license-1.0-%28epl-1.0%29
>
> This doesn't really explain much. It's confusing. It's similar
> to GPL. So if I release an app using DWT, I need to release the
> sourcecode for my app? Or do I only need to release the code
> for DWT (if I did any changes to the sourcecode).

Not a lawyer, but it doesn't appear to really target libraries
and is more directed to a complete application. The way it is
written suggest that DWT would be a derived work and any changes
to it will also be derived and need to forward the EPL license.

However it makes no specific statements about using libraries as
part of your code, which would suggest that the code outside the
EPL library is not considered "the EPL Program" and thus not a
derived work.