Beta 2.079.0

Norm norm.rowtree at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 09:48:33 UTC 2018

[snip]
On Friday, 23 February 2018 at 04:06:23 UTC, psychoticRabbit
wrote:

> Third, making D more and more like a quick scripting/hacking
> language (by removing or hiding so called 'noise', is not a
> good idea in my opinion. That too seemed to be a motivator for
> at some aspect of the change.

This import feature and surrounding discussion I couldn't care
less about but I have to chime in and disagree with this
particular point. Ability to quickly script in D was a big
selling point for D at my workplace, I'd say *the* feature that
got uninterested developers listening and trying the language.
Being able to replace their Python scripts with a fast native
language that is also used for application and drivers
development was a winning formula.

Cheers,
Norm