[Maybe OT] Hashcode with Google

psychoticRabbit meagain at meagain.com
Fri Feb 23 14:39:07 UTC 2018

On Friday, 23 February 2018 at 14:07:03 UTC, Andrea Fontana wrote:
> It could be interesting if a D-team would win this :)
>
> tl;dr:
> Google gives a coding problem, you have to solve it. Any
> programming language is accepted. You have to register your
> team.
>
> Details:
> https://hashcode.withgoogle.com/overview.html
>
> Previous problems:
> https://hashcode.withgoogle.com/past_editions.html
>

> Andrea Fontana

seriously...hasn't google got a big enough foothold on the world?

do we all need to keep encouraging it by particpating in its
self-promoting, self-advertising ventures?

google are masters of social engineering and the psychology of
the gift economy.

so I ask, what's the catch this time?

oh.. you need to create a google account first it seems. Then
they've got you, and all your data too.