mysql-native v2.1.0-rc1: New features

Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Sun Feb 25 07:59:11 UTC 2018

On 02/25/2018 02:01 AM, Suliman wrote:
> What about string interpolation like:
>
> conn.exec("INSERT INTO table_name VALUES ({i}, {s})"); ?
>
> Instead of:
> conn.exec("INSERT INTO table_name VALUES (?, ?)", i, s);

The syntax is purely, 100% server-side. Mysql-native just passes the
whole string, question marks and all, straight off to the server. So
whatever syntax the server supports, mysql-native supports. Whatever the
server doesn't, mysql-native doesn't.

I've heard about a MySQL (I think) syntax like this:
"INSERT INTO table_name VALUES (:i, :s)"

But I haven't given it a try, and I don't know about its compatability.