Documentation for any* dub package, any version

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 02:57:08 UTC 2018

On Tuesday, 27 February 2018 at 01:53:23 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> It's a sorry state of affairs.  I dream of the day when I can
> just write code and documentation as-is, and downstream users
> can just use whatever doc formatting system they like and it
> will all Just Work(tm).

Join me, and together, we can rule the D-alaxy as coder and
coder! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzvY1OzoDbQ

> But I'm not holding my breath for that to materialize.

Saturday morning, a user complained that several leading dub
packages had poor documentation, if they could find it at all.
That's changing, right now.

Before long, packages without docs are going to suffer. This will
put pressure on authors to have *something* written, and I'm
providing the lowest cost for greatest benefit to help your
package succeed in the market.

In the end? Everybody wins.

Package authors get an automatic documentation build that is
discoverable, legible, searchable and navigable. They can just
write plain text (or some markdown) and it just works, or go
deeper and use the advanced toolset I have to offer, allowing
them to focus on documenting their libraries instead of
struggling with the documentation system.

Package users get links that work and can more quickly locate and
evaluate packages before using them, and use them more
effectively after deciding to go forward.

And, of course, I win because I get power! UNLIMITED POWER!