Documentation for any* dub package, any version

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 14:42:11 UTC 2018

On Tuesday, 27 February 2018 at 10:02:13 UTC, Basile B. wrote:
> Awesome work. IDEs could use this, i don't know how yet but
> i'll maybe try something one day.

Yeah, webfreak was talking to me about that on irc and I've had
people ask me about the main dpldocs site being an api (to which
I reply "it is already a REST api returning a XML
representation.... called a static html page". which i think is
good - this html is a bit verbose bu that's because i wrote it
with a lot of semantic information included in the tags, it can
be machine parsed and analyzed. need a lib for it? use my dom.d
:P )

But anyway, once I see someone with a prototype and we can
identify specific needs through use, then I'm open to adding more
stuff to help that effort. Until then tho my feeling is YAGNI and
I am keeping the code on this server simple - try the IDE
integration just showing the HTML in a web view first, or
scraping the html for plain text, and we'll see how that looks as
the first draft.

> Are the doc persistent on your server ?
> For example is http://iz.dpldocs.info/v0.6.4/iz.html here
> forever ?

Logically yes, in reality, maybe but I'm in the shell right now
`rm -r`ing from time to time as I update the generator, and then
your page will be automatically rebuild on the next request with
the new generator version.

But that has already stabilized quite a bit so a lot of those
files may in fact sit there for a very long time. I may also
clear some if i ever hit a disk space limit tho...

but in any case, if a page is requested, it will be there, even
if it has to be unzipped/regenerated first. Just be a bit patient
waiting for the load in those events.