Documentation for any* dub package, any version

Basile B. b2.temp at gmx.com
Tue Feb 27 15:49:37 UTC 2018

On Tuesday, 27 February 2018 at 14:42:11 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> On Tuesday, 27 February 2018 at 10:02:13 UTC, Basile B. wrote:
>> Awesome work. IDEs could use this, i don't know how yet but
>> i'll maybe try something one day.
>
> Yeah, webfreak was talking to me about that on irc and I've had
> people ask me about the main dpldocs site being an api (to
> which I reply "it is already a REST api returning a XML
> representation.... called a static html page". which i think is
> good - this html is a bit verbose bu that's because i wrote it
> with a lot of semantic information included in the tags, it can
> be machine parsed and analyzed. need a lib for it? use my dom.d
> :P )
>
> But anyway, once I see someone with a prototype and we can
> identify specific needs through use, then I'm open to adding
> more stuff to help that effort.

I think that nothing more is needed.

The idea is to use DCD to get the d source where a symbol is
declared, from this file it's possible to guess the html page for
this symbol. Actually i already do this for phobos (using the
official html) and it works fine.

At first glance i can say that this will work perfectly for DUB
packages. Once DCD gives a file, the IDE just have to look the
parent folders to get the SemVer tag.
If the file is in a git repository things might be more
complicated.

The only difference with what is done right now (in Coedit) is
the url structure.
For now it's  "<module>.html#<symbol>" or
While with ardrox it's <module>.<symbol>.html.