Proposal for a standard Decimal type in alpha

Jack Stouffer jack at jackstouffer.com
Fri Jan 5 19:59:46 UTC 2018

On Friday, 5 January 2018 at 15:44:57 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 05, 2018 at 03:38:45PM +0000, Jack Stouffer via
> Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
>> On Friday, 5 January 2018 at 15:22:01 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
>> > Very nice to see this taking shape.  What's the link to the
>> > code again?
>>
>> https://github.com/JackStouffer/stdxdecimal
>
> Thanks! Will take a look sometime. Might throw in a PR or two
> if I can.

Well hold off on that for a day because I just realized I have to
redesign the internals of the whole thing due to a bug I found.

Long story short, I'd been using a myriad of different types
(depending on your chosen precision) to represent the coefficient
in order to avoid the slowness of BigInt. But I realized due to a
bug that this isn't really a workable solution.

I'm going to change the code to always use a BigInt, and just
work on making BigInt faster where I can. This will make the
Decimal code about half as complex thankfully.