DLang docker images for CircleCi 2.0

Jon Degenhardt jond at noreply.com
Sat Jan 6 05:02:48 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 3 January 2018 at 13:12:48 UTC, Seb wrote:
> tl;dr: you can now use special D docker images for CircleCi 2.0
>
> [snip
>
> PS: I'm aware of Stefan Rohe's great D Docker images [1], but
> this Docker image is built on top of the specialized CircleCi
> image (e.g. for their SSH login).

One useful characteristic of Stefan's images is that the
Dockerhub pages include the Dockerfile and github repository
links. I don't know what it takes to include them. It does make
it easier to see exactly what the configuration is, find the
repo, and even create PRs against them. Would be useful if they
can be added to the CircleCI image pages.

My interest in this case - I use Stefan's LDC image in Travis-CI
builds. Building the runtime libraries with LTO/PGO requires the
ldc-build-runtime tool, which in turn requires a few additional
things in the docker image, like cmake or ninja. I was interested
if they might have been included in the CircleCI images as well.
(Doesn't appear so.)