Release D 2.078.0

Leandro Lucarella leandro.lucarella at sociomantic.com
Fri Jan 12 10:13:13 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 10 January 2018 at 05:35:05 UTC, Andre Pany wrote:
> On Wednesday, 3 January 2018 at 17:43:36 UTC, Martin Nowak
> wrote:
>> Glad to announce D 2.078.0.
>>
>> This release comes with runtime detection of Visual Studio
>> installation paths, an integral promotion transition for unary
>> operations on byte and short sized integers, more -betterC
>> features, and a couple of language and library tweaks.
>>
>> Thanks to everyone involved in this 👏
>> https://dlang.org/contributors.html.
>>
>> http://downloads.dlang.org/releases/2.x/2.078.0/
>> http://dlang.org/changelog/2.078.0.html
>>
>> - -Martin
>
> What is the purpose of the coverage option "srcpath"?
>
> In my scenario I have a folder "dependencies" and a folder
> "source". I want to generate
> code coverage only for the files in folder "source".
>
> dmd -unittest -cov source/app.d dependencies/dep.d
> app.exe --DRT-covopt="srcpath:./source dstpath:./cov"
>
> By specifying "srcpath" there are 2 empty files created in
> folder cov:
> source-app.lst
> dependencies-dep.lst
>
> I thought by specifying "srcpath" I limit the code coverage
> generation to the files located in folder source...

 From what I saw in the code, I think what it does is just
override where the code was actually placed when you compiled, so
tools to visualize the coverage can show you the source code.

* https://dlang.org/code_coverage.html#switchsrcpath
*
https://github.com/dlang/druntime/blob/382b759738b5fa1e59bfda2ad542b9d60ef3d59a/src/rt/cover.d#L83-L84
*
https://github.com/dlang/druntime/blob/382b759738b5fa1e59bfda2ad542b9d60ef3d59a/src/rt/cover.d#L211

BTW, to just report coverage of certain files you can just
compile with `-cov` those files. I guess that should work (maybe?
:).