Release D 2.078.0

Rainer Schuetze r.sagitario at gmx.de
Fri Jan 12 18:25:37 UTC 2018

On 12.01.2018 12:42, Andre Pany wrote:
> On Monday, 8 January 2018 at 22:41:31 UTC, Rainer Schuetze wrote:
>>
>> Unfortunately the corresponding installer PRs didn't make it into the
>> release, so you still have to remove most options of section
>> Environment64 from sc.ini yourself. This should be enough
>>
>> [Environment64]
>> LIB=%@P%\..\lib64
>> DFLAGS=%DFLAGS% -L/OPT:NOICF
>>
>> When using the 7z dmd file, the most harmful setting is LINKCMD, that
>> doesn't work for VS2017.
>
> Any chance to get the corresponding PR with 2.078.1 point release?
> I also tried it with the Build Tools for Visual Studio 2017 and it
> neither works.
>
> I think the link path could be easily retrieved.
> You could check whether the first element of %PATH% contains a file
> link.exe
> and use this one if the file path also starts with %VCINSTALLDIR%.
>
> Example:
> Path=C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual
> Studio\2017\BuildTools\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.12.25827\bin\HostX64\x64;...
>
> VCINSTALLDIR=C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual
> Studio\2017\BuildTools\VC\
>
> Kind regards
> André

IMO removing the detected entries from sc.ini should be good enough:
https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/7686. The linker path is built from
the other VC variables. I've based it on stable in the hope it will make
it into 2.078.1.

The more involved changes I mentioned are
https://github.com/dlang/installer/pull/281 and
https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/7500.