run.dlang.io - a modern way to run D code

Seb seb at wilzba.ch
Sat Jan 13 09:41:51 UTC 2018

On Thursday, 14 December 2017 at 15:46:03 UTC, Walter Bright
wrote:
> On 12/12/2017 10:37 AM, Seb wrote:
>> After it has been in stealth mode for quite a while, I'm happy
>> to announce that there's https://run.dlang.io
>
> Very impressive! Nice work!
>
> Can I add a suggestion? Have an option to show the assembler
> created. Being able to quickly look at the assembler output is
> a great way to learn the 'cost' of writing code in various
> ways. (This is invaluable for someone wanting to be an A-list
> programmer.)

FYI: run.dlang.io got a few small updates:

1) -asm (DMD only)

https://run.dlang.io/is/qtk8Wq

2) -vcg-ast: Dumps the AST tree of DMD (after all semantic
analysis)

https://run.dlang.io/is/TAHzMZ

3) Stores the latest source file in the persistent localStorage
of your browser

i.e. the last modified example will be shown once you come back.