mysql-native: Prepared statements: Direction and future

Martin Nowak code at dawg.eu
Tue Jan 16 21:27:51 UTC 2018

On Monday, 15 January 2018 at 19:41:42 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
>> https://github.com/mysql-d/mysql-native/issues/95#issuecomment-357757013

I've added some thoughts.
https://github.com/mysql-d/mysql-native/issues/95#issuecomment-358110156

> One of these days, we should draft up a "standard" API for SQL
> database bindings in D, so that implementations can benefit
> from a well thought out API design instead of rolling their own
> each time.

I'd hope that sth. emerges from MySQL-Native which is one of the
more usable APIs atm.
I also like http://biozic.github.io/d2sqlite3/d2sqlite3.html but
it follows MySQL-Natives bad example in that regard.

This is the design for more complex prepared statements in
Cassandra.
https://docs.datastax.com/en/developer/java-driver/3.1/manual/statements/prepared/