TSV Utilities release with LTO and PGO enabled

Johan Engelen j at j.nl
Wed Jan 17 21:49:52 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 17 January 2018 at 04:37:04 UTC, Jon Degenhardt
wrote:

> Clearly personal judgment played a role. However, the tools are
> reasonably task focused, and I did take basic steps to ensure
> the benchmark data and tests were separate from the training
> data/tests. For these reasons, my confidence is good that the
> results are reasonable and well founded.

Great, thanks for the details, I agree.
Hope it's useful for others to see these details.

(btw, did you also check the performance gains when using the
profile of the benchmark itself, to learn about the upper-bound
of PGO for your program?)

I'll merge the IR PGO addition into LDC master soon. Don't know
what difference it'll make.

-Johan