Pull requests to stable will no longer close bugzilla issues immediately

Seb seb at wilzba.ch
Mon Jan 29 00:51:44 UTC 2018

On Sunday, 28 January 2018 at 19:44:36 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
> Just a note to all those who may have a PR that targets stable,
> even if you properly put in a commit message the instruction to
> close a bugzilla issue, it will NOT be closed until the commit
> is merged into master.
>
> The decision to do this was based on the amount of "spam" the
> bugzilla issues receive when merging to other branches. In
> addition, when a PR was reverted, then the original commit is
> pushed to some other branch (along with the reversion), the bug
> gets closed again, and has to be manually reopened again.
>
> So from now on, only merges to master will affect bugzilla.
> This means that your bug may not be closed when the original PR
> is merged, but it will get closed when it goes to master.
>
> See discussion here:
> https://github.com/dlang-bots/dlang-bot/issues/148
>
> -Steve

Just a small addition to this: we plan to automate sending a PR
to master for every PR merged to stable (and Martin already does
so as part of the release process).
Also, for now, `merge_stable` [1] can be easily run
semi-automatically.

[1] https://github.com/wilzbach/git-tools/blob/master/merge_stable