DVM - D Version Manager 0.4.4

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 2 18:31:50 UTC 2018

On 7/2/18 3:36 AM, Tony wrote:
> On Monday, 2 July 2018 at 07:12:47 UTC, Basile B. wrote:
>>>
>>> I am on Windows 10. Is:
>>>
>>> dvm --latest install
>>>
>>> a valid way to get the latest dmd? When I try that I get an exception
>>>

>> Seems unmaintained. Try Cybershadow's Digger which can handle building
>> several versions of DMD too (https://github.com/CyberShadow/Digger),
>> even from locally served webpage as UI.
>
> OK, thanks! I saw DVM mentioned in a thread recently and I went back and
> couldn't find it and found this one via a search. The one I saw may have
> been a very old thread that someone revived.

I still use dvm (this version 0.4.4 is the latest I believe).

It still works, at least on OSX. But the errors it throws are not very
user friendly, most of the time you get a stack trace.

I've never used the --latest switch (which BTW fails on OSX as well).
Likely it's a change in how the metadata is stored on the server. Just
install by name:

dvm install 2.080.1

-Steve