Mir Algorithm v1.1.3

9il ilyayaroshenko at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 12:47:58 UTC 2018

On Monday, 2 July 2018 at 13:51:17 UTC, jmh530 wrote:
> On Sunday, 1 July 2018 at 15:18:55 UTC, 9il wrote:
>> Mir Algorithm [1, 2]
>> =============
>>
>> Dlang core library for math, finance and a home for Dlang
>> multidimensional array package - ndslice.
>>
>> New features:
>>  - most of routines in mir.ndslice.topology (e.g. map, zip,
>> stride) accept common arrays
>>  - `Series` got the same formating as builtin associative
>> arrays
>>  - `Series` got ~ overloaded operator for set union.
>>  - mir.series: `unionSeries` was added (for N=2 optimised
>> using `troykaSeries`)
>>  - mir.series: `troykaGalop` and `troykaSeries` were added.
>> They are awesome too iterate over set union when both side set
>> differences and/or set intersection should be handled
>> seprately [6, 7]
>>  - ... and a lot of others I forgot since v0.8.0 announce
>> [snip]
>
> Great. I'll need to look into some of these changes,
> particularly on Series.
>
> What are you plans for next steps with Mir?

New Mir features are open source reflection of work on large
proprietary codebase. We have awesome Levenberg–Marquardt
algorithm implementation (ndim non-linear least squares solver)
in mir.optim, but it is closed source. Maybe if people from the
community ask Laeeth to allow to open source it he would like to
do so. No idea why it is closed source for now.

-- Ilya