I have a plan.. I really DO

Ecstatic Coder ecstatic.coder at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 19:49:00 UTC 2018

> Exactly.  As Walter has said before, (and I paraphrase,) it's
> far more profitable to cater to *existing* customers who are
> already using your product, to make their experience better,
> than to bend over backwards to satisfy the critical crowd who
> points at issue X and claim that they would not use D because
> of X.  But X is not the *real* reason they don't want to use D;
> it's just an excuse.  Once you solve problem X, they will find
> issue Y and say *that* is the reason they're still not using D.
> And if you solve Y, they will find issue Z.  It never ends, and
> you're wasting your efforts on non-customers who will *never*
> become customers. Why bother?  Far better to improve things for
> existing customers (who may then get you new customers by
> word-of-mouth of their success stories -- *eager* new customers
> who aren't just looking for the next excuse not to use D).

+1

For instance, to be a perfect C++ alternative, D would probably
need to be 100% :
1. usable (strings, slices, etc) without GC
2. interoperable with any existing C++ library

For for game development :
3. compilable on all game development platforms
(Win/Mac/Linux/Android/iOS/Switch/PS4/etc)

I don't know if this can be achieved, or if this is really worth
the effort.