I have a plan.. I really DO

Ecstatic Coder ecstatic.coder at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 15:19:33 UTC 2018

On Friday, 6 July 2018 at 14:52:46 UTC, 12345swordy wrote:
> On Friday, 6 July 2018 at 14:11:05 UTC, Ecstatic Coder wrote:
>>>
>>> No triple AAA engine is going to switch to D for the
>>> following reasons:
>>> 1.)Cost vs benefit from converting C++ to D.
>>> 2.)Gamers do not care how things are implemented, they want
>>> results.
>>> 3.)There are high abundance of c++ programmers for employees
>>> to hired. I can't say the same thing for D.
>>> 4.)GC phobia.(The notorious culprit)
>>>

>>> -Alex
>>
>> +1
>>
>> Just one silly question.
>>
>> Can the following "naive" D code trigger a garbage collection
>> stall ?
>>
>> score.Text = point_count.to!string() ~ " POINTS";
>>
> The correct answer is: I don't know, as I don't know what
> "point_count" is in the first place, as it never been defined.
>
> -Alex

Actually you answer was right even if the point count was not
stored as an integer ;)

For C++, the answer is : never.

Two small memory blocks will have to be allocated from the memory
pool, which is not smart, obviously, but apart of that, nothing
to worry about.

Because there is no garbage collector in C++, memory has to be
allocated and deallocated in a continuous manner...