I have a plan.. I really DO

Ecstatic Coder ecstatic.coder at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 15:53:56 UTC 2018

> Of course, the answer in C++ is that it won't compile, this is
> D code! ;)

Seriously ?

I wrote : "And what about the same code in C++ ?"

I thought people on this forum were smart enough to understand
"the C++ port of this D code".

I'm sorry to have been wrong on this.

Anyway, what nobody here *wants* to understand, is that such
"NAIVE" C++ string code may not be performant, but in C++, even
if you make allocations/deallocations during the game loop, this
won't be good for the game performance, but that's all.

With D, ANY forgotten allocation during the game loop (and I
really mean even JUST ONE hidden allocation somewhere in the
whole game or engine), may cause the game to regularly freeze at
the wrong time, because of an unwanted GC. Hence the phobia.

Anyway, I know I'm on a D forum here, so "those who don't want to
understand won't, and those who want will", to paraphrase a
former poster here.