I have a plan.. I really DO

Ecstatic Coder ecstatic.coder at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 17:00:49 UTC 2018

On Friday, 6 July 2018 at 16:48:17 UTC, 12345swordy wrote:
> On Friday, 6 July 2018 at 16:45:41 UTC, Ecstatic Coder wrote:
>>>
>>> ...Yeah I had already figure out what your aiming at. For C++
>>> the correct answer is "I do not know as I don't know how it
>>> is implemented". You act like there isn't any GC libraries
>>> for C++.
>>>
>>> -Alex
>>
>> LOL
>>
>> Unless you implement your game in managed-C++, I don't think
>> there is much to worry about that though...
>
> Your comparison is logical fallacious to begin with.
>
> -Alex

I was just trying to explain why C++ developers have GC phobia
through a very simple example.

Even the simplest string concatenation in any garbage collected
language (like Java, etc) can be the cause of of serious game
freeze, which most players (including me) won't tolerate for long.

Even one tiny allocation which is hidden deep somewhere in an
external library of some sort...

But it was obviously pointless to try to explain it on this D
forum. I understand it now.