I have a plan.. I really DO

bachmeier no at spam.net
Fri Jul 6 17:58:46 UTC 2018

On Friday, 6 July 2018 at 15:53:56 UTC, Ecstatic Coder wrote:

> With D, ANY forgotten allocation during the game loop (and I
> really mean even JUST ONE hidden allocation somewhere in the
> whole game or engine), may cause the game to regularly freeze
> at the wrong time, because of an unwanted GC. Hence the phobia.

This program

import std.conv, std.stdio;

@nogc void main() {
	int point_count = 3;
	string score = point_count.to!string() ~ " POINTS";
	writeln(score);
}

provides this compiler output

nogc.d(5): Error: @nogc function 'D main' cannot call non- at nogc
function 'std.conv.to!string.to!int.to'
nogc.d(5): Error: cannot use operator ~ in @nogc function 'D main'
nogc.d(6): Error: @nogc function 'D main' cannot call non- at nogc
function 'std.stdio.writeln!string.writeln'

Are you saying there are bugs in the @nogc implementation?
Otherwise I don't see how you will end up with a forgotten
allocation.