I have a plan.. I really DO

RhyS sale at rhysoft.com
Fri Jul 6 23:27:57 UTC 2018

On Friday, 6 July 2018 at 20:16:36 UTC, Ecstatic Coder wrote:
> Pfff, it was just an EXAMPLE of how some insignificant string
> concatenation code may eventually be a problem in any GC
> language even if it's done only once per frame.

It does not matter that your point is a example. People will rip
it apart a dozen times.  "the only winning move is not to play."

D will never be a industry accepted game engine replacement
language ( beyond the few hard core people ). The whole GC is
irrelevant from the start. Without GC D is barely a better C.
With GC your forced to do more work to avoid the GC issues (
compared to C++ ). D has almost no resources for game developer.
Few qualified D developers. Let alone the resource that are
required. And the issues.

No company in their right mind will ever pick D for developing a
**high performance** game engine. D barely keeps up with there
own internal issues. So this idea that D has any hope as a Game
Engine language ( beyond hobby projects and the oneof company
with some D die hards ), is just ridiculous.

There is simply more change for a new language with more public
traction to be picked for game engines in the future if C++ dies
out, then D. That is a fact.

And a person does not need to be a troll to dare say this. D has
a limited growth and its easy to see...

Just 6 days ago i posted this here:

> Total 1336 packages found.
> 3359 total shards

D has had a major release.
Crystal has had a minor release.

> Total 1339 packages
> 3382 total shards

D has gained 3 packages. Crystal has gained 23 packages.

Lets trow from a different angle. Updates: Crystal has 37 shard
updates in 24 hours. D has 7 packages updates in the same time.

If a 16 year old language that pushes itself as a C++ replacement
language can not keep up with a newcomer like language. And dare
i mention Go, Rust, ...

I see a lot of people talking on the D forum. But few actually do
a lot. I see few people talking on Crystal forums but a lot of
people actually busy coding. Different mindset?

If i can be frank, even if the D community magically solves a lot
of their internal issues, its hard to make a comeback in this
industry. Its like Pascal has a change to become popular again.
And i am sure that Pascal people will defend their languages just
as much as the D people, pointing out more downloads and more
activity.