I have a plan.. I really DO

SrMordred patric.dexheimer at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 13:57:45 UTC 2018

> But for technical aspect like performance, very honestly I'm
> still not sure of its technical superiority over similar
> languages.
>

> Just have a look at this one, which is quite famous :
>
> https://www.techempower.com/benchmarks/
>
> I know that many people here will simply tell me that all those
> personal et external benchmarks are all wrong, etc.
>
> Maybe you are right.
>
> But in terms of communication, wouldn't it be much more
> effective that the D experts of this forum simply fix the open
> source code of those benchmarks to make D's technical
> superiority much more obvious, so that the decision makers of
> software development companies, which stupidly use the
> informations of such benchmarks when investigating alternative
> technologies, can more easily suggest to their leadership to
> switch to D ?

I' quite sure that D can achieve performance equivalence with any
other language. I don´t see any reason not to.

About that specific benchmark, not sure vibe.d had some updates
since the first time I saw because I remembered people arguing
here about why it was not that good on performance. Maybe now it
will make better results.

And I agree about the communication part. Altough i like to see
benchmarks and like to see the competition part of it their
objective is just to point out that "we can do as much as these
other guys can".

When benchmarks go slow people say that "benchmark is not
everything or are wrong somehow".

But then when D get the fastest regex parser of the world, is all
proud :)

But again, I believe that D can be performance competitive in any
case.