I have a plan.. I really DO

Greatsam4sure greatsam4sure at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 16:49:33 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 11 July 2018 at 13:57:45 UTC, SrMordred wrote:
>> But for technical aspect like performance, very honestly I'm
>> still not sure of its technical superiority over similar
>> languages.
>>

>> Just have a look at this one, which is quite famous :
>>
>> https://www.techempower.com/benchmarks/
>>
>> I know that many people here will simply tell me that all
>> those personal et external benchmarks are all wrong, etc.
>>
>> Maybe you are right.
>>
>> But in terms of communication, wouldn't it be much more
>> effective that the D experts of this forum simply fix the open
>> source code of those benchmarks to make D's technical
>> superiority much more obvious, so that the decision makers of
>> software development companies, which stupidly use the
>> informations of such benchmarks when investigating alternative
>> technologies, can more easily suggest to their leadership to
>> switch to D ?
>
> I' quite sure that D can achieve performance equivalence with
> any other language. I don´t see any reason not to.
>
> About that specific benchmark, not sure vibe.d had some updates
> since the first time I saw because I remembered people arguing
> here about why it was not that good on performance. Maybe now
> it will make better results.
>
> And I agree about the communication part. Altough i like to see
> benchmarks and like to see the competition part of it their
> objective is just to point out that "we can do as much as these
> other guys can".
>
> When benchmarks go slow people say that "benchmark is not
> everything or are wrong somehow".
>
> But then when D get the fastest regex parser of the world, is
> all proud :)
>
> But again, I believe that D can be performance competitive in
> any case.
Sincerely speaking D language does not merit all these criticism.
The magnitude of criticism on D language does not really make
sense to me. I am yet to see a language so user friendly as D
with such power and strength.I trust one day the world will see
and know that D is a language build for programmers for great
productivity and not just another money making machine