asdf json library moved to libmir

WebFreak001 d.forum at webfreak.org
Wed Jul 11 21:58:29 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 11 July 2018 at 21:42:45 UTC, yannick wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Since i'll be leaving Tamedia (who sponsored development of
> Asdf) and it's not under active use anymore here we decided to
> donate it to libmir.
>
> Asdf has a few nifty features that make it perfect for reading
> large amounts of json lines and transforming data. For an
> example use case see je, the json to csv transformer app (
> https://github.com/tamediadigital/je )
>
> I still think that it is by far the easiest to use and fastest
> production grade Json Library for D.
> Maybe it should be renamed to reflect that, proposals welcome.
>
> cheers,

cool to hear that you don't let that library die. I like asdf but
I never really had a usecase for it. When using vibe.d I just
parse my json using their serializer. Additionally I never have
the case of my input being line separated json, for example when
reading a dub registry dump it's a 40MB json array where I don't
really see application for asdf, or can it also be used with
generic arrays that aren't line separated?

Anyway pretty cool library, would definitely use it if I ever see
line separated json data in the wild.