I have a plan.. I really DO

wjoe none at example.com
Thu Jul 12 12:07:55 UTC 2018

On Tuesday, 10 July 2018 at 17:25:11 UTC, Yuxuan Shui wrote:
> (Although I don't quite agree with you. Some people DO resist
> change, that's why some decades old languages are still
> popular. But look at the popularity of new languages like Go,
> and Rust, and the ever-change landscape of front-end
> development. There're tons of people who adapt certain
> technology just because it is new, why can't that happen to D?)

Because they are humans.
Because the masses fly to hip stuff like moths to light.
Because people make decisions out of a mood or because of peer
pressure and based on opinion rather than facts.
Because a lot of people use it so it can't be bad !?

You can see that phenomenon in Hardware and end user software and
really every other aspect of life, too, by the way. It's almost
always the hyped shh-stuff that gets wide spread use.

How many of these people are using it because they want to ? How
many are happy with the language, rather than just being part of
the flock ? To be able to call oneself hip ? To be part of the
group ?

Whether or not rust, go, etc. are just as or more popular than
C++ or Java in 30 years remains to be seen.