Blogpost about the T.init problem

Luís Marques luis at luismarques.eu
Thu Jul 12 15:59:00 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 11 July 2018 at 03:00:48 UTC, Ali wrote:
> Somehow, this is the type of problem, i thought point 1 in the
> vision document is aimed to solve
> https://wiki.dlang.org/Vision/2018H1
>
> "1. Lock down the language definition: D is a powerful language
> but its definition is not precise enough. A number of
> subtleties can only be assessed only by running the compiler,
> not by perusing the specification. This semester we are pushing
> for a better, more precise, and more complete specification of
> the D language."
>
> ensuring that the language features are coherent together

I think that point isn't supposed to be so ambitious. I think it
only refers to the fact that the documentation isn't particularly
formal/precise/complete regarding some language details. Making
the language features more coherent and compatible among
themselves is a whole other goal, independent of that one, IMO.