Funding code-d

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 14:20:19 UTC 2018

As promised in my tweet of June 30 (and to the handful of people
who emailed me), the cloud of mystery surrounding the use of the
money raised for code-d and its supporting tools has now been
(partially) lifted!

In this post, I lay out the details of how the first $1000 will
be paid out to project maintainer Jan Jurzitza, a.k.a
Webfreak001, and explain what we hope to achieve with this
ecosystem fundraising initiative going forward.

This time around, it all came together in the background of
prepping for DConf with little forethought beyond activating an
Open Collective goal and then working with Jan to determine the
details. Lessons were learned. Later this year, you'll see the
result when we announce the next of what we hope to be an ongoing
series of funding targets.

In the meantime:

The blog
https://dlang.org/blog/2018/07/13/funding-code-d/