Funding code-d

Ecstatic Coder ecstatic.coder at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 09:10:20 UTC 2018

On Friday, 13 July 2018 at 15:05:05 UTC, Michael wrote:
> On Friday, 13 July 2018 at 14:20:19 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
>> As promised in my tweet of June 30 (and to the handful of
>> people who emailed me), the cloud of mystery surrounding the
>> use of the money raised for code-d and its supporting tools
>> has now been (partially) lifted!
>>
>> In this post, I lay out the details of how the first $1000
>> will be paid out to project maintainer Jan Jurzitza, a.k.a
>> Webfreak001, and explain what we hope to achieve with this
>> ecosystem fundraising initiative going forward.
>>
>> This time around, it all came together in the background of
>> prepping for DConf with little forethought beyond activating
>> an Open Collective goal and then working with Jan to determine
>> the details. Lessons were learned. Later this year, you'll see
>> the result when we announce the next of what we hope to be an
>> ongoing series of funding targets.
>>
>> In the meantime:
>>
>> The blog
>> https://dlang.org/blog/2018/07/13/funding-code-d/
>>
>> Reddit
>> https://www.reddit.com/r/d_language/comments/8yka7b/funding_coded_the_d_blog/
>
> I think this is a worthy cause for the money. I'm glad to see
> the D foundation looking more towards investing in these kinds
> of community projects, as they make up the D ecosystem that
> many opponents of D describe as lacking.

Yeah, indeed all of my friends who tried D and were not convinced
that's it's a good alternative to Go/C++/etc were pushed away by
a bad support in Visual Studio Code. Even those who didn't use
Visual Studio Code (most of them actually).

Like being able to automatically make a foreach loop become
parallel for instance. Invaluable...

Keep up the good work and let's invest still more money in
extending further this fantastic plugin.

PS: Joking... ;)