The dub documentation is now on dub.pm

Martin Tschierschke mt at smartdolphin.de
Thu Jul 19 13:10:01 UTC 2018

On Thursday, 19 July 2018 at 09:39:04 UTC, Seb wrote:
> tl;dr: The dub documentation got split from the dub-registry
> repository and now lives on https://dub.pm
> (https://github.com/dlang/dub-docs).
>
> Motivation:
> -----------
>
> - makes building the dub-registry faster
> - people hosting a mirror or a private instance don't need to
> host the documentation too
> - allows us to use a separate, more modern design for the dub
> docs (proposals are welcome!)
> - makes it easier for people contributing the docs (less code
> and dependencies to build)
> - allows us to remove the menu header at code.dlang.org and
> replace it with a nice, modern search bar
> - makes the deployment for the documentation easier (they are
> static
> HTML after all) and we have already setup continuous deployment
> for the documentation (via Netlify)
>
> As always, ideas and PRs to make DUB's documentation better are
> welcome.
>
> PS: Of course all old documentation links will redirect to
> dub.pm
Very ++ :-)

There should be a big section for well done dub.sdl / dub.json
examples.

What about defining "comment" as an special keyword for the .json
parser inside Dub
(just ignoring the content") to allow some kind comments inside
.json
In the moment only dub.sdl may be more descriptive with #comments.
But many people prefer .json  where no comments are build in.

So allow to write "comment" : "This string will will be parsed
away",
  may do the difference?

Best regards mt.