Symmetry Autumn of Code

Joakim dlang at joakim.fea.st
Sat Jul 21 04:56:14 UTC 2018

On Saturday, 14 July 2018 at 07:30:26 UTC, Joakim wrote:
> On Saturday, 14 July 2018 at 06:02:37 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
>> Thanks to the sponsorship of Symmetry Investments, the D
>> Language Foundation is happy to announce the Symmetry Autumn
>> of Code!
>>
>> We're looking for three university students to hack on D this
>> autumn, from September - January. We're also in search of
>> potential mentors and ideas for student projects. Head to the
>> Symmetry Autumn of Code page for the details.
>>
>> Spread the word!
>>
>> https://dlang.org/blog/symmetry-autumn-of-code/
>
> "join us" for
> "submit an application" -> apply (confusing otherwise)
>
> Maybe sum up and make clear that each student can earn between
> $3000-4000, instead of capped at $1k.

This is why I suggested stating the total sum clearly:

"20 hours/week for four months for a salary of $1000 seems kind
of crappy. Am I reading this wrong?"
https://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/8yram3/comment/e2gttg2

You're currently requiring people to read carefully and do the
math to understand this: most people do neither.