Symmetry Autumn of Code

Zheng Luo (Vic) vicluo96 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 13:02:33 UTC 2018

On Saturday, 14 July 2018 at 06:02:37 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> Thanks to the sponsorship of Symmetry Investments, the D
> Language Foundation is happy to announce the Symmetry Autumn of
> Code!
>
> We're looking for three university students to hack on D this
> autumn, from September - January. We're also in search of
> potential mentors and ideas for student projects. Head to the
> Symmetry Autumn of Code page for the details.
>
> Spread the word!
>
> https://dlang.org/blog/symmetry-autumn-of-code/

Another issue of this program is that me, as an incoming graduate
in the U.S., are prohibited to "work" in my first school year.
(that law doesn't affect GSoC since summer is considered as the
second school year). I'm not sure whether contributing to
open-source projects is considered as "work" here. There are some
legal issues related. I'm looking forward to some clarifications
like
(https://developers.google.com/open-source/gsoc/faq#is_gsoc_considered_an_internship_a_job_or_any_form_of_employment) stating that this program is an "employment" or not.