Symmetry Autumn of Code

Zheng Luo (Vic) vicluo96 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 15:53:37 UTC 2018

On Monday, 23 July 2018 at 13:41:41 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:

> I can't definitively answer whether not the U.S. government
> would consider it work, but I can tell you that neither
> Symmetry nor the D Language Foundation consider it employment;
> they view it just as Google does. I'll add that to the FAQ.

Unfortunately, after checking this issue with a US visa attorney,
I found that if I want to participate into this project, I have
to work as a volunteer and receive no compensation in any form
now or in the future.

I'm really willing to join this program, so I was wondering that
can I work as a non-paid volunteer in this program just for
accumulating experiences? If so, may I work for less than 20 hr/w
with some easier goals?

Thanks